Friday, July 16, 2010

Yama'hammer

So I bought another bike.  Great.  My girlfriend was very impressed. 

The guy wanted $1500 for it so I offered him $800.  Deal.

I just had to buy this bike.  It's in great shape, it starts without a fight, it runs very well, but it's kinda ugly.  It'll make for a great project bike over the winter. 

Now what I'm kind of disapointed in, is that this is a Yamaha XJ650, it's not the XS650 that I've been looking for. There are huge differences.  One being that the XJ is an inline 4 cylinder with a shaft drive and electric start.  The smaller XS is an older designed V-twin, 2 cylinder with a chain drive and a kick start.  The XS650 is much more nostalgic in many aspects and seems to be the bike of choice to many builder's who bob it and chop it.  I'm sure I can make it work and manage to make something of it.  I'm going to wait until winter before I start tearing the thing apart though.  I've had a few offers to sell it already, so If I can find an XS650 before winter I might just do that.

Here it is, my brand new, 1981 Yamaha XJ650...














No comments:

Post a Comment