Thursday, July 29, 2010

1976 Yamaha XS650

I received a package today.

It was delivered from Medicine Hat.

It was a motorsickle.

It was a 1976 Yamaha XS650.

We unloaded it from a truck and looked at it for a bit.

It started on first try.  Sweet.

I took it for a spin around the block while wearing flippy floppys and without a helmet.

I looked it over for a few more minutes.

Good looking bike.

Sold.

I wrote the guy a cheque.

I hope it doesn't bounce.

The guy who sold it to me left.

I showed Kristin the new old bike.

I tried to start it for her so she could her it purrrr.

It didn't start.

It didn't start again.

Shit.

It didn't start again.

Shit.

It didn't start again.

I called the guy who sold it to me.

He told me to calm down and take a deep breath.

These ol' bikes need patience.

Turn on fuel.  Choke.  Starter. Choke. Throttle.  Starter.  Starter.  Throttle. Purrrrrr.

I rode it around the block again...Illegally.

I parked it next to her brother in the garage.

They like each other.

She has no idea what is going to happen her in the next year.

Neither do I.











No comments:

Post a Comment