Thursday, July 8, 2010

Be Part Of The Revolution!


Okay, probably not a revolution and in the big picture, it is actually so trivial I cannot believe I am blogging about it but what the heck else am I supposed to do at eleven o'clock at night when I can't sleep and I have already raided the refrigerator? I mean, there is no hurry getting to those dishes on the counter. Or that puddle of spilled whatever that is on the floor. It will be easier to clean up when it's dry, anyway.

I will explain the "revolution" part in a moment but here is a shameless plug for a product I love and for a company who is not paying me a dime to brag on them.

Sunshine Burger "burgers" are one of my favorite convenience products for those nights when I either do not feel much like cooking or on Meatless Mondays in our house when we are....well, meatless in regards to our dinner. All varieties of Sunshine Burger are gluten-free and vegan and with their main ingredient being sunflower seeds, they pack a hefty punch of protein. If you happen to be one of the many in the low-carb crowd, the Original and Garden Herb varieties also offer a relatively low carbohydrate count with only 11 carbs per patty when you subtract the dietary fiber content.

Oh, wait....you say you are stuck on the part about sunflower seeds being in a "burger?" Do not be scared - these are not like so many other meat replacement products. Unlike some sham-burgers out there, these have flavor. And we, my family and I, actually eat them - so they are definitely not cardboard hippie food.

So what about the revolution? No, I am not planning a coup attempt. A few days ago, I posted to Sunshine Burger's Facebook Wall (because that sinkful of dishes and pile of clutter on the counter and the dirty bathrooms and the piles of unfolded laundry are all just illusions and I really am the most organized, best housekeeper in the world who most certainly does NOT have time to sit around and post random, meaningless things on Facebook....seriously) inquiring as to why their product is packaged three patties to a package. And now today, (because I am surely the only person who has ever asked about the 3-count package) Sunshine Burger posed a question to the fans of their Facebook page: "Who likes the Sunshine Burger 3 pack?"

AND that is not all. I, personally, received a message from someone at Sunshine Burger informing me of their quest to find out the preferred number of patties per package.

I told my husband I am taking credit for this revolution (please, PLEASE, note the sarcasm!). We are going to change the world.....or maybe just get Sunshine Burger to put an extra patty in those little packages and call it an even day.

If you want to be part of the revolution I started have your voice heard, please visit Sunshine Burger's Facebook Wall and state your preference.

And if you are still reading this and you think I have a superiority complex, please don't waste your time on my revolution. Stop what you are doing and work on obtaining some inkling of a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment