Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Show 'n Whine

2010 Lethbridge Street Wheelers Show 'n Shine

I took part in my very first show 'n shine last weekend.  I registered last year but I ended up taking off early cause I hated that I had to sit around all day.  This year I sucked it up.  I parked my bike with all the other bikes, about 12-15 total, and walked away.  I did manage to come back once and a while and when I did I received some great compliments, which was nice to hear.  But I didn't win.  So I doubt I'll ever enter another.  It was afterall, a car show, not a bike show.  Car guys don't really know or even seem to care about bikes, and I doubt they like the fact that they sit next to their $100, 000 Hemi-cudas. 

The bike that the Lethbridge Street Wheelers car club picked to win 'Best Bike' was a raked out, slammed, pro-street chopper.  It looked like it was fresh off the floor of the OCC showroom.  It wasn't the type of bike I like, at all.  Don't get me wrong, it took alot of hours to build that bike, which was done by the owner, so props to him.  But I think it was ugly, and on top of that the owner had on an 'Assliction' shirt.  Enough said.

Here are a few of the bikes that were at the show 'n shine.  I didn't get pics of all of them.  Some of them were at other areas of the park.


'Best Bike'.........

Nice looking bike with awesome pipes.

Another great bike, didn't get there early enough to register, better looking bike then the red, raked out chopper.

This was my favourite...gold, hard tailed frame.

Nice bike with a nice mini.

My bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment