Monday, July 26, 2010

XJ to XS

I've finally found the bike I've been looking for. 

A 1976 Yamaha XS650.

I sold the '82 XJ650 to a friend over the weekend and I'm hoping to get the XS650 delivered this week.  I found the bike in Medicine Hat on Kijiji. 

The bike is in mint condition and the engine has been completely restored.  The bike itself has new tires, rings, rebuilt carbs, coils, condencer, points, a new battery, new switches and a lot more.  It cost me a few bucks more, but in the end it will be worth it.  It has very low km's for a '76 and been well taken care of.  I won't need to touch the engine. 

These things are bulletproof. 

I have a few ideas for the bike already.  Street Tracker? Cafe Racer? Bobber?  There is a ton of potential for this bike.  I'm looking forward to it...










No comments:

Post a Comment