Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is Spring here already?!


So here is my third post...It's taken me alot to get to this point already.  I'm still messing around a lot with my blog and still trying to find different ideas to put on it.  I've been scanning around on many different blogs to try and get more ideas on how to get the most of my blog.  Like I've said before - I'm new to this and I want to make it look good and I want to try and post a few times a week.  So for all of you waiting patiently for my updated blog - 'cause I know there's A LOT...thanks and I hope that I can get started on my story soon.

Now with that being said, I can tell you that I'm not the only one excited about this weather.  I've actually seen a few bikes out on the road the past week.  Kinda ballsy because when the snow and ice melts it still leaves another type of motorcycle danger on the road - rocks, gravel and sand.  I think I'll just wait for another month or two - unless the weather gets VERY nice...until then you can find me in my garage acting like I know what I'm doing on my bike.

The pic above is of me trying to line up my new rear fender on my bike.  I've put a new seat on my bike last summer and it led to me having to move my ECU on my bike.  The ECU is on all fuel injected bikes, its basically a computer, the brain of the bike. This ECU was mounted on my rear fender under my old seat.  With the new spring seat I installed, I had to move my ECU to a different spot on the bike.  This left a big hole in the fender, you could literally reach through the rear fender and grab the rear tire.  This was not good.  I found a fender on ebay for about $150.  Its a bare bones, bare metal fender.  My plan is to set it, chop it, paint it and install it all on my own.  After that I can actually say that I 'Chopped' my bike.  Thats where the bike term 'Chopper' came from.  Cutting and chopping can get very technical, but for the most part, its not rocket science. Ill post some more pics as I go.


Now another way to make the winter fly by is to blow money on stupid helmets.  Most of the helmets I have and wear are DOT approved but I've began a small collection of 'Biltwell' helmets - my girlfriend Kristin just loves 'em! I might need to start hiding them from her...The helmet in the pic was done by Josh Scott from Old School Helmets. He does custom pinstriping and artwork on bikes and has recently began laying down his art on Biltwells.  Biltwells are very cool helmets, very comfortable, but they aren't DOT.  I wear them out around town once and a while,  they have lots of padding but they don't have the hard foam liner like most DOT helmets have.  Once you put one on you won't ever wanna wear any other helmet.  And the best part? One size fits all.  Check out the link below I posted about Biltwell.  I have about 7 Biltwells right now and Josh is making me another one right this second.  Its a flat black helmet with some snakes and roses artwork and some pinstriping. We named it 'Snake Bitten'.  Im lookign forward to seeing it.  He should be done in a few weeks and I'll post some pics once I get it.

Now blogging is very new to me.  I've always enjoyed writing and sharing my thoughts with others.  English was my favorite class in High School.  I can say already that I enjoy it.  It has forced me to open up a little more and try and be a little more descriptive and honest.  This is something that Facebook cannot offer.  Facebook is just a pointless way to creep on peoples lives and look at other peoples pictures.  Now don't get me wrong.  If it wasn't for Facebook I wouldn't of hooked back up with a lot of old WSU (Washington State University) friends.  One of them being my buddy David Eno.  Eno invited me down to El Segundo, California this past summer and it was great seeing him.  I rented a bike and rode the PCH for a few days. Ill devote another blog to that trip itself.




Well it was nice to get a my first 'decent' blog out of the way.  Once I get motivated and get on front of my Mac there's no stopping me.  I wish I was like that in the garage.  Most of the time I just find myself standing, staring at my bike wondering "What am I doing?"

~Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment