Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Josh Kurpius Photography

I like taking pictures, pictures of anything.  I take pics when I go skiing, when I'm at a pub with friends and family and I even take pics of our chiuahua.  Recently my photographs have been aimed more towards my bike and anything having to do with my bike.  I've taken pics of my helmets and of my exhaust.  Most people don't really care for pics of my bike, but I like them. 

For my 31st birthday my girlfriend Kristin bought me a month and a half's time at a photography course.  Im absolutely pumped.  Pretty gay to be pumped about about a photo class eh? What excites me the most is that I'll get to learn more about my camera.  Most times while I'm shooting pics it's done so in the 'auto' mode.  I'd like to say goodbye to auto mode sooner rather then later.  I have a Nikon D60.  Its a beginners camera, but I'm hoping that once I get through this course and learn more about my camera that I can upgrade to better Nikon.  Most Nikons have the same features so it wont be a huge jump for me to upgrade.  The only thing stopping me from buying the best Nikon camera is....price.  They can get very expensive.  Along with the body of the camera is the various lenses that can also get expensive.  Currently the Nikon D60 10MP DSLR that I have comes with a 18-55mm VR lens.  I also have a sigma 300mm standard zooms lens as well.  Everything I have does an awesome job for what I need it for.  I've also upgraded my photo editing equipment.  I bought a Mac 6 months ago and have gone from Iphoto to the new aperature photo editing program.  Aperature is also a Mac program but it is a bit advanced, so Im hoping that the photo course will get me more introduced to this as well.

I can say with confidence that I've taken some good photographs in my life.  Not all of them are good but I seem to be getting more picky before snapping pics off like I did a few years ago.  At the same time the more pics you take the more of a chance you have to find that perfect picture.  Editing helps alot, and you can also delete pics you dont want.

Over the past few months I've been taking lots of pics of my bike and anything and everything around it.  Shit, I had a photo shoot with a few of my helmets recently.  One guy who has inspired me for all these bike photos is Josh Kurpius.  He takes amazing pics.  He takes pics of bikes, girls on bikes, guys beside their bikes, he takes pics while he's on his bike.  I've added a few pics of his work. 

Check him out at  http://kemosabeandthelodge.blogspot.com/ or on his website at http://joshkurpius.com/home.html

















No comments:

Post a Comment