Sunday, October 4, 2009

Trash In, Trash Out

What's the old saying?

"You are what you eat."

Well, for lunch today I ate trash and now I feel like trash. I didn't actually eat trash but I definitely feel like I did. I ate an Angus burger, french fries, and an orange shake from McDonald's. Even as I was stuffing my face, I told my husband "The best part of this meal is the ketchup." I didn't get any ketchup packets from the drive-thru, so we were eating our own Organicville Ketchup, which is just about the best thing since sliced bread.

So anyway, I don't feel well and frankly, this wasn't the best time of the month to sabotage my body with junk food......if you know what I mean.

Last night we built a nice campfire in the firepit in the wooded area of our property. We roasted marshmallows and froze our bumbums off. We thought Reiss would really enjoy it and he did for a few minutes. The rest of the time he talked about "home pants" (his word for jeans) and kept wanting to go back up to the house to check if the home pants were dry yet. I had washed a load of jeans and put them in the dryer before we went down to the fire. Before walking out the door to go down to the fire, I turned the dryer off. I knew the jeans weren't dry but telling Reiss that wasn't enough. He had to check for himself.

Reiss has been obsessed with clothes for a long time but these last few days he has had tunnel vision for home pants. He wants to play with them, talk about them, change his a few times per day, and gets especially bent out of shape if his get something on them. Good times......

If these pictures or mention of the campfire seem familiar at all, you may recall we did the campfire thing back in May too. Milla's wearing the same jacket but Daddy and Reiss were wearing glasses back then - back before James went and got contacts so that we could get Reiss to stop wearing his real fake (real frames, fake lenses) glasses just to be like Daddy.

Reiss with Daddy helping him hold the roasting stick in the fire.

Milla hanging out in a chair by the fire. That only looks like a milk mustache. It's actually marshmallow goo.

No comments:

Post a Comment