Sunday, October 11, 2009

They Ought To Call It "Crackville"

After caving in to the pressure from a few friends for me to join facebook back in January, I have spent a fair amount of time on the computer connecting with old friends by using facebook's chat and message features. I have watched hysterical YouTube videos, visited educational websites and news stories regarding the world of autism and the latest treatments, therapies, and research. I have shared in the sorrow of friends losing loved ones and prayed for them when other things in their life just aren't going so well. And now the latest, thanks to one of those friends (you know who you are!) I have become addicted to Farmville.

Farmville, my rear. They ought to call it "Crackville" because once you start playing, you are instantly addicted. Or, at least, I am.

I have been playing for two days now. Or is it three days? I don't know. Once you acquire an addiction, time seems to pass at a different rate of speed than when your mind is clear and free and not anticipating the next "high."

Anyway, I'm on level 9 now (which level are you?) and getting smarter about this whole thing. I'm organizing my crops so that they're not all willy-nilly and ripening at all hours of the day. I am planting specific crops with the forethought that they will be ready to harvest at times when I know I would usually have a break from chasing monkeys around the house, rather than worrying about say, my pumpkins coming due right in the middle of dinner. It's all about planning, you know.

Enough about Farmville, as my addiction is showing.

Today has been a lazy, lazy day. The littles actually slept until past 9am this morning. That almost never happens.

We had planned to go to a local landscaping place today because they are also featuring a kid-oriented family type atmosphere right now with hayrides and pumpkins all over the place and I'm not really sure what else. It's hard to tell when we are whizzing by the place in the truck and trying not to gawk so that others won't rear-end us or worse, be caught off-guard ourselves and run into the back end of someone else.

The landscaping place was the plan. But that plan did not include forty-some degree temperatures outside either. Yes, I am a wimp and I will be the first to admit it. Autumn is my favorite season because it means I start burning candles again and baking fall favorites and going out for drives on the weekends just to look at foliage on the trees, etc. etc. blah, blah, blah. So how ironic is it that I cannot stand cold weather? I can't. Plain and simple. Give me a plane ticket to somewhere warm and free lodging for about six months out of the year and I'd forget Indiana even exists. Back to reality though and the fact that what pays the bills is here.

Instead of braving forty degree weather, we have stayed inside today and have done a whole lot of nothing. Well, that's not entirely accurate. We have all had showers and naps. That is an accomplishment, especially considering Reiss took a shower on his own, got out and dried off, and dressed himself all by himself.

I am just not ready to get my cold weather gear out yet. So maybe we will visit the pumpkin place next weekend. You know, when it's even colder.

No comments:

Post a Comment