Sunday, August 23, 2009

I don't have much time to write today but wanted to share something written by another spectrum parent. Maryann's (the writer) feelings reflect almost the exact same way I've been feeling off and on for the last few weeks in regards to all these darn dietary restrictions, treatments, and supplements my husband and I have to deal with every single day.


Although Reiss does not and has not faced some of the more extreme obstacles Maryann's son has faced, I can so feel her pain. There are days when I don't even want to get out of bed. There are days when the pain of seeing other people and their typical children interacting with one another and other children is so emotionally painful I want to go up to the parent and ask, "Do you know how lucky you really are?"

No comments:

Post a Comment