Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful for Three Things Thursday

This is gonna be a short one. Every time I say that, I write a book but today is different and I really am going to make this short.

Today, I am thankful for:
1) Living in a country where I can do whatever I please.....well, within reason, of course. Today is National Day of Prayer, so get prayin' people and be thankful you live in a country where you will not be persecuted for your beliefs!

2) The internet. Without it, I honestly don't know how I would come across all the information I find. Actually, I probably wouldn't come across any or even very little of the information I get if it weren't for the wonderful world of cyberspace.

3) Today being a wonderfully sunny day. Hasn't been too hot....not too cold...just right. After picking up Reiss from preschool, we made a quick stop in at the grocery for sparkling water, one of the few things Reiss will drink. It's nasty, in my opinion, but he likes it and it's better than giving him a real "pop," as he likes to call the sparkling water.

After the grocery, we got "funky fries" - a.k.a. waffle fries - from Chick-Fil-A and I got BOGO McCafe's and a stamp on my coffee card. Besides the two McCafe's, I have only had a South Beach snack bar today. Eatin' healthy today!

Then it was off to the shoe store for the kidlets. Thirty minutes and a lighter wallet later, both children have new shoes - neither being exactly what I was looking for. Oh well...Milla's shoes were 25% off because they were last year's style, which I couldn't care less about but I'm definitely not going to turn down a discount, even if it means my little diva has to wear something that is SO last year (it's sarcasm, folks!). Plus, I had a $10 off coupon so I feel like we did pretty well for not getting what we went in there to buy.

We went in for white tennis shoes (sneakers) for Reiss. He now has new brown "work" shoes because all the white shoes they had only went up to size 8 and he wears a size 9. I didn't really have anything particular in mind for Milla but what she got isn't what I would have picked out. The girl brought them out just to see if I liked them and I did and they fit and they were "last year's stuff" so on Milla's little tootsies they stayed. Even at only 18-months-old, I think Milla knows a thing or two about new shoes being cool. She seems to kinda prance around in these new shoes. She's sweet and funny all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment