Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Today has - so far - been a pretty good Mother's Day. James had Reiss and Milla do craft time to make me a bunch of glitter glue paintings on construction paper. They are little artists, they are!!! They played outside for quite some time while I played the role of Mrs. Domestic Goddess inside. It's amazing how much dirt and sand two little critters can track into the house on a daily basis! Really, I don't mind...and the laundry and dishes are caught up.

Later on, I hope to get all their winter clothes pulled out of their closets and rearrange the remaining summer clothes and everything else. If anyone has any good ideas for storing toddler shoes in a closet that is about the size of a cereal box and holds Milla's clothes, package after package of diapers (probably about 15 of them! I always buy them when I can get a good deal - not only as needed, like a lot of people tend to do.) and wipes, extra toys that are bought as I find them on clearance, extra crib parts, and so many other things...please let me know. Needless to say, there really isn't room in there for a pre-fab shoe storage unit.

As part of my Mother's Day post, I wanted to post a short writing by Anna Quindlen that I found earlier this week on another website. Ms. Quindlen wrote about being a mother and how her days of reading guides on raising children and following the advice of professionals are over...it was quite touching, but unfortunately, I cannot get the other website to pull up right now to do a hyperlink or a cut and paste of the writing.

Instead, I will direct anyone reading to the site of one of my favorite bloggers:


I'm not kidding when I say this woman has saved my sanity on several occasions. I figure if she can mother sixteen children as well as she does, then surely I can survive two children.

No comments:

Post a Comment