Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful for Three Things Thursday

It's "Thankful for Three Things Thursday!!!"

I am really glad I decided a few weeks ago to do a post such as this one every week. It has really made me reflect on things and how fortunate my family and I are in this world. Each week around Tuesday I find myself pondering the things around me that have made me happy or my life easier in some way.

This week, I am very thankful for.....

1) All the people who help us in some way to improve the quality of life for Reiss. Reiss only has mild to moderate autism and that, in itself, is something to be thankful for because things could be much worse (but just don't tell me how "easy" I've got it or you will face a wrath like you've never seen!). But I am very thankful for his preschool teachers and the teachers in his Parent's Day Out program. His preschool teachers are fairly used to being around children with autism but the teachers in his PDO program have gone out of their way to accomodate for keeping Reiss in the program and also learning about autism themselves.

2) My weight loss. Yes, I know I was thankful for this last week too but it continues and this week I was able to squeeze (barely!) myself into a favorite pair of jeans that haven't fit for more than two years.

3) Little potty-training successes. After nearly three weeks into potty-training Reiss, we are finally beginning to see some real progress. Using a reward system in the past has not been very effective for us but it has this time. Reiss really wants those few teeny-tiny chocolate chips. We are convinced he is even beginning to drink more just to go pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment