Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful for Three Things Thursday

It's Thursday and that means it's time for my "Thankful for Three Things Thursday" post!

This week, I am thankful for....

1) Sharp knives. There is nothing more dissatisfying than sawing through a potato or sliding around on a tomato skin in an attempt to cut with a dull knife. As I pulled out my Furi knife this morning to whack and mince some garlic cloves for fresh homemade Italian dressing in my Pampered Chef Measure, Mix, & Pour, which I absolutely love and have an order in for two more, I was reminded of the gratitification I get out of using high-quality, razor sharp knives. They are indeed one of life's affordable luxuries that provide repetitive gratification without repetitively investing in them....unlike the spa facials I have been treated to once per month for two months now.

2) My own open-mind. Going into extensive, boring detail regarding what has me in this latest funk and why I'm thankful for my own ability to see gray area is not something I feel like partaking in or wasting time doing. Nor do I feel like representing myself as a Debbie Downer by putting it on the shoulders of anyone reading. Suffice it to say that, at one time, I may have been a black and white thinker but I am glad I now have the wisdom, maturity, and respect to consider the views of others and the possibility that those views held by others may be just as "right" as I feel mine are - even when we disagree.

3) Green grass, buds on the trees, and warmer temperatures. Without fail, every single year around March I get to a point where I am so sick to death of winter that I start cursing the weatherman and reminding my husband of how I could be living in Texas...had I not met him. It drives him crazy but even the smallest promise of nice weather in February or March only makes my Spring Fever come out in the worst of ways. Although we had warmer temperatures tease us a few weeks ago only to turn to snowfall the following week, things are finally moving in an upward direction on the thermometer. I am thankful to be able to look upon my kitchen windowsill and see a small clipping of our forsythia bush, with its perky little yellow flowers, that was brought in by my sweet little munchkin son. It's nice to see the buds on the trees, grass getting greener and taller, and more animals scurrying around and chasing one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment