Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful for Three Things Thursday

Can you believe it? I'm actually on here on Thursday doing the "Thankful for Three Things Thursday" post and this makes two weeks in a row that I wasn't late. Yippee, me! Having said that, let me get started before someone wakes up or starts crying or whatever other interruption may occur.

Today and this week I am thankful....

1) Because I am wise enough and mature enough to be able to admit that I am clueless in a lot of areas. I really don't wish to go into detail here but suffice it to say that I am glad I am aware of my own ignorance....unlike some people.

2) For all the wonderful fresh veggies, fruits, and excellent cuts of meat I have been fortunate enough to come across and purchase for my family in recent weeks. As I write, my nosebuds (is there such a thing? I'm talking about the little sniffer things in my nose) are being tortured beyond reason with the tempting aroma of spaghetti sauce in the crockpot. I'm not certain "spaghetti sauce" is the correct name for this concoction but we will be eating it over the guts of two rather large spaghetti squashes, as if it were spaghetti sauce.

At around ten this morning, I fired up (okay, all I actually did was plug it in!) the crockpot and into it I dumped a large can of Dei Fratelli Italian Sauce, a 14-ounce can of petite diced tomatoes, an onion, a zucchini, some celery with leaves, a bit of cooked ground beef, FOUR cloves of garlic - oh yeah! - and the seasonings from THIS recipe, minus the garlic. It's killing me in here with this smell. Come on, dinner! Bring it, baby! Between all the veggies in the sauce, the spaghetti squash it will cover, and the salad we will eat with all of it, V-8 ain't got nothin' on us!

3) That my husband has a good job in a nearly guaranteed economy-proof field. I have been thankful for this before but in this economy, I think it's worth mentioning again. My husband designs customized software and builds computers from the ground up for doctors and hospitals. As long as there are doctors using computers, we are nearly 100% guaranteed no "job loss" issues.

There seem to be so many people struggling in this economy, I would love to hear what everyone is thankful for...Consider this an invitation to come out of the lurkers' closet and comment or feel free to email me from the address on my profile page.

No comments:

Post a Comment