Monday, May 2, 2011

Cold and Rainy AGAIN...

By the time May rolls around each year, I should not still be thankful for having heated seats in my SUV but this year, I am. Oh yes, I actually did an internal happy dance when I got in the truck out of the rain at Walgreens today after stopping off for a Redbox movie to keep the kids occupied since goodness knows I am not going out in this weather for them to play.

It's 48 degrees outside and I nearly shed a tear when the heat kicked on in the house this morning. I really don't know how much more cold weather I can handle. I want sun. I want heat. I want to walk around outside without my winter coat on. I need to feel my skin tingling, knowing I am getting a dose of vitamin D for the day.

Recently, I stumbled upon Dwija's House Unseen. Life Unscripted. blog and am strangely drawn to the mundane goings on of her family and their remodeling projects. Maybe it's because it's a mundane different than my own mundane. Or maybe it is because she is thrifty, like me. It could be because she is so funny. Yes, she is really funny - you should trot on over and check out her little piece of the world. I advise reading from the very beginning.

What confounds me the most about Dwija though, is her love for Michigan's change of seasons and what each of them brings. As someone who has lived all but three years and several summers of my nearly forty years in Indiana, I am done - DONE, I tell you - with this cold weather. Believe me, if I could pick up my family and move, I would convince my husband it's for the best. But I can't and we can thank autism in part for that....but I'll save that explanation for another day.

So Dwija, or Dweej, as she signs her posts, seems fascinated by the dramatic change of seasons. She has been in Michigan for around a year. I have to question if she will be singing the same tune several years from now when she and her family have endured year after year after god-awful cold year of living in the tundra, as we do here in Indiana. I'm reading, Dwija, and you can bet I'll stay tuned to find out if you are still loving things in July...you know, when we are all still waiting around for Spring's arrival with heat wave temperatures of maybe 50 degrees.

I know, I'm an optimist. It's what I do. If you want real optimism, go visit Dwija.

No comments:

Post a Comment