Sunday, October 3, 2010

He Rode A Freakin' Pony!

Our annual trip to our favorite apple orchard could not wait a single week longer, so today was our day. Partly sunny, no rain, and a bit of a chill in the air made for absolutely perfect weather for such an outing.

Milla, Reiss, and James walking down the gravel lane from where we parked. I may have to have this photo expanded for framing....


Reiss being such a big boy and feeding a goat. Even just this past Spring he was quite hesitant to go anywhere near the animals.


This is where I got my blog title. Yes, I know the title does not sound very nice but I was so ecstatic when Reiss was riding that pony, I was flapping my own arms! By the time he got off it, I was crying tears of joy and squeezing the life out of him, telling him, "Reiss, you did it! You rode a freakin' pony!" People around me almost certainly thought I was nuts but they very likely were not there last year either, when Reiss thought he wanted to ride a pony and got near one only to end up screaming bloody murder. Yaaayyy, Reiss!!! He was so proud of himself too and that, in itself, is reason to be ecstatic.


Milla riding a pony. She looks cute and all but it definitely was not going to top Reiss doing it, and on his own, at that!


Luckily, our computer photo program has a "crop" feature. I told James I am getting him photography lessons for his birthday so he can learn how to take photos that do not show my huge caboose.


Kids....I tell them to look at me and smile and this is what I get. It is cute though...


Reiss climbing Mount Strawverest.


Reiss' proud face, as he calls it, on the train. We were like sardines in that little train car but I was definitely not complaining. Some very nice mommies in front of us had eleven people in their party and let us go our turn before them.


Milla....

And since this is my blog and few posts seem complete without some form of irony, here it is: We came home empty-handed. That's right! Not a single apple to be had - the lines were way too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment