Monday, February 15, 2010

I got a thing for Biltwell's...


In my garage sits about 18 helmets.  Some old, some new.  From full face to 3/4 lids, some legal and some that aren't supposed to be on my head while I ride.  Red ones, black ones and green ones.  I have lids that I haven't even worn and some that I wear daily.  I've come to admit that fact that I have an obsession with helmets.  I go on ebay and a search for helmets.  I google 'cool motorcycle helmets' daily. 

I have a collection of Fullmer's, Harley's, Arai's and my personal favorite - Biltwell.  When I google for 'cool motorcycle helmets' the helmet that comes up far more then any other is the Biltwell.  Over half of my helmets are Biltwells.  2 of these are custom painted by some talented artist's. If I could have it my way I would have most of my Bilt's done with some art on them.  Don't get me wrong - a stock Biltwell is a sick helmet on it's own, and I will have a bunch of them always stay that way. 

I've had 2 Biltwells done by Steve and Josh at 'Old School Helmets'.  They do an awesome job and I will continue to go to them to get work done.  I actually got a gas tank that I might contact them about...but that's for another time and place.  

I've taken some pic's from a few guys blogs/websites to share with you.  They are all very talented and I'm hoping that I will eventually get a lid done by each of them.  They all have their own style but they all have one thing in common - they all use the Biltwell helmet as their canvas...



These few Biltwells were done by Josh and Steve at 'Old School Helmets'







Here's a few more custom painted Biltwells from Blue Moon Kustoms:









































More custom Biltwells done by Kustom Paint by Chris.














































No comments:

Post a Comment