Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Biltwell Struts

Biltwell struts? Yes, you read right.  Biltwell does not only make helmets, among many other things, but hardtail struts as well.  I finally got some time in the garage over the weekend and I managed to make a little progress on my bike.  It's almost March, and before you know it Spring will be here.  With that being said - I figured I should try and get my bike done before riding season hits us here in Canada.  I still have a few things I need to do, or want to do.  Ill try and get the 'needs' out of the way first.

A few things I need to do:
- Install Biltwell struts. Check.
- Install new 'No School Choppers' licence plate/bracket. Check.
- Wire 'No School Chopper' licence plate lights. Wiring is something im not comfortable with.  I'll most likely take my bike down to the shop and get them to wire it correctly once I'm finished with everything else.
- Install new bullet led brake lights and signal lights.  I need to find some proper mounting position which won't be an issue, but again I'm hit with another wiring issue...
- Measure, cut, chop, grind, paint and install new rear fender.  This is a big job to do.  If I measure wrong or make a wrong cut then I'm effed.  I have one fender. Im not ordering a new one. Once its cut and measured properly then Im gonna give painting a shot.  Again - something Ive never done before. Its not rocket science.
- Cut rear fender struts.  This is going to impact my rear fender.  I have to align my fender correctly and not cut to much off the struts or I will lose my mounting area.  Being that I've never done this before I could really eff my rear end up.  Shouldnt be to hard.
- Install new headlight w/bracket.
- Wrap exhaust.  Im gonna try and do that this coming weekend.  This will give my bike a real cool look.  Having a 2-into-1 exhaust will be a bit of a challenge as well.  Im wrapping it with a bright white wrap, rather then the black wrap that I was originally planning on.

Other then all that - Im golden.

Here's a few pics of my new Biltwell struts and my new licence plate.










No comments:

Post a Comment