Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer Ride

I think Summer is finally here...until it rains again.  I've managed to get in two solid weekends of riding, the first being last weekend where I rode to Fernie and back.  The weather was a little sketchy on the way out, windy and overcast.  I rode back to Lethbridge on Sunday, and the weather was gorgeous.  The bad thing about it was that I had to do the ride on my own, it woulda been nice to have a few buddies along side me for such a nice ride.  The good thing about riding on your own is that you have a few less things to worry about, such as when someone wants to stop, if your going to fast or to slow,  who needs fuel up, who needs to pee, who's hungry.  It can be very relaxing to get out on your own and just ride.  

This  past weekend myself and my buddy Mur went out for a little southern Alberta ride.  We headed out to Taber, East on Highway 3 then headed up to Vauxhall on the 36.  We stopped in Vauxhall and had a burger at Wendys drive-in.  From there we looped around threw Iron Springs and Picture Butte and back into Lethbridge.  It was a nice short ride for a Saturday afternoon.  I finished off the weekend golfing out in Picture Butte for Fathers Day with my Dad and my brothers Kevin and Craig.  It was nice to have some good weather finally, hopefully it sticks around... 



Myself and Ryan Fletcher (Mur) at Wendys in Vauxhall

Riding back from Fernie...Pic taken by world famous photographer, Andy Houtheys



No comments:

Post a Comment