Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Random Ramblings

Yesterday morning........
I'm pretty certain I have mentioned on here a time or two (or three or thirty-three) that Reiss does not watch television. He cannot and will not sit still for it. While having a child who is not a couch potato would be a relief for many parents, and overall it is for me too, it can also be annoying since I rarely get a break where I can just plop him and Milla in front of the tv to pay a bill or make a phone call or gather my thoughts or whatever.

Although Reiss does not watch tv, he is generally pretty awesome at pretend play and that is another area of real progress he has made. Pretend play is not something he has always done and for quite a long time I don't think he even understood the concept.

When we are driving in "the Daddy truck" (*see below) Reiss has a steering wheel that went to some video game that we don't even have but that he uses to help Daddy drive. Yesterday, as we were clearing out some toys in his room, I found the steering wheel pictured above and we got it out to put in James' truck for Milla so that she and Reiss can both "drive" while in the Daddy truck. In the meantime, they had some fun with it by pulling up chairs to the table and driving in the kitchen.

I posted this one on my facebook page and a friend made a comment that it looks like Milla is bracing for impact, which I thought was pretty funny. That hadn't even crossed my mind and that, in itself, reminded me how differently one person can perceive something when looking at the same thing as another person. Often times I have to remind myself of this, but that's an entirely different post....

This is one of those pictures that turned out great and totally by accident. I was moving around and accidentally hit the "take picture" (what is that thing called, anyway??) button. I only wish Reiss' head hadn't gotten cut off because it looks like he may have actually been facing the camera.

Milla waving "Bye!" to everyone as she and Reiss prepare to leave on their trip. She is driving and Reiss is looking unsure of whether or not that's a good idea. (I have to agree. She's a little flighty sometimes...I'd worry about her driving too!)


This morning........
"Hello...I'm trying to work here!"

"Okay, I suppose I can take a break for a moment to pose."

While Reiss was at school - or work, as he prefers to call it - this morning, I was on and off the computer and phone all morning trying to get some things done and necessary calls made. Milla gathered up all this stuff and yes, she had a little help organizing it but otherwise, all items were gathered and placed on the table all on her own. She has her personal phonebook, laptop, cell phone, and snack (salted pecans in a ramekin). She just sat and worked and worked.....at getting my phonebook to look like a preschool scribble pad.

*My husband drives a Ford F-150 that has an extended cab with a backseat that is suitable size for placing safety carseats.....Just wanted to point this out, as I know many people can be very vocal about putting young children in trucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment