Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Blah Day

Today has not been the best day I've had in recent weeks. Yesterday, I posted to my Twitter and facebook pages "Today is one of those days where I can't help but wonder where I'd be without Spray~N~Wash and the "Rinse & Spin" cycle on my washer."

While I did have poopy messes to clean yesterday as well, it was nothing compared to today. So far today, Reiss has had three showers and the rinse & spin cycle has been run four times on the washer. God bless him...I know the little guy can't help it but I wish my little every-night prayer for some poop in the potty would get answered just one time. I nearly cried this afternoon after the second poopy mess. I didn't but maybe I should have because my sinuses feel like they're stuffed with cotton.

I truly wish I could keep my head lifted and stay more positive all the time or even more than I do. I know I'm getting there but I have a long way to go. My addiction to Della's blog seems to be therapeutic for me and keeps things in perspective and although she does not have any autistic children, I figure if she can do it with the trials that come with sixteen kids while still holding her head high, then surely I can do it with two children, one of whom has autism and the other with developmental delays (hopefully, NOT autism!).

Waaaa, waaaa, waaaa....I'm done crying and it feels good to get it out even if others do think I'm whining. What can I say? They haven't walked in my shoes, nor I in theirs.

This morning, I went walking at the mall with my friend, Carol. Before going, and after dropping Reiss off at preschool, I went to a drive-thru and got an order of a biscuit and gravy (for $.99 with coupon!) for myself and a little sack of tater coins for Milla. It still makes me laugh to call them tater coins.

I learned that term when I was attending and working at a local college years ago. A guy who worked with me always called the circular hash browns served in fast food restaurants "tater coins." It stuck and that's what we call them too. Anyway, where I was going with this is the fact that I sabotaged my workout before even going to do it, which I found pretty humorous, as did my friend. It was about a mile into our walk that she revealed to me that she wasn't quite an angel at breakfast herself. Yeah, she had eggs for breakfast, providing her with some valuable protein....but she also had a piece of blackberry pie with ice cream. We both got a pretty good laugh out of how pathetically we have stuck to eating healthy this week.

By the way, did I mention the bag of candy I got at CVS before going walking? I've been eating on it this afternoon too. I cannot believe how little willpower I have lately at not only not sticking to gluten and casein-free foods, but also how unhealthy, in general, I have been eating. An outsider would probably assume I'm pregnant.

I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment