Thursday, September 17, 2009

Petition 4 Starbucks to Bring Back GF Cake

As if eating a gluten-free diet is not difficult enough, add dining out into the equation and it can be next to impossible to find anything to eat other than a salad or plain, unseasoned meat at many eateries. It was only in recent months that I heard that Starbucks offers a gluten-free option* on their menu - a moist, gluten-free orange cake. Fast-forward to today - before I've even had an opportunity to taste test said cake - and I read HERE that Starbucks has gotten rid of this product.

Now, having not been in a Starbucks and ordered this cake myself, I cannot speak from experience but have read on several blogs I frequent that these cakes were pre-packaged items being kept in a drawer behind the counter and were not offered on the menu boards themselves. So basically, and I'm making an assumption here, if you didn't know about the product by hearing from a friend or in my case, reading a blog, you certainly wouldn't know Starbucks carries a gluten-free option simply by looking at the menu. Hmmm. And I wonder why they are discontinuing it....??? It doesn't take a genius and this ain't rocket-science to figure out that they are probably throwing away a lot of expired unsold cakes. I could be wrong though. I have been wrong before and I am sure there will be more times in the future.

At any rate, if you would like to join in on a petitioning process to persuade Starbucks to return this product to their menu, check this out:

Petition to Starbucks:
Bring Back the Gluten-Free Cake!



*
I do not know if this product is free of gluten and casein, or just gluten.

No comments:

Post a Comment