Friday, June 5, 2009

Finally Friday!!!

Hello, my little neglected blog! I have not purposely deprived you of my passion for writing these last few days - it's just that it's finally Summer here in Indiana. Well, not technically if you look at the calender, but if you go by the weather alone, the warm temperatures have finally arrived and are hopefully here to stay for a few months time.

Reiss is out of school for the summer and we are busy already. Between playgroups and therapies and everything else we have going on, we are going just about every day. Not all day or even every day but a lot of the time and it makes the time fly by. This week seems to have passed in the blink of an eye.

One day per week Milla has speech therapy and we both love her therapist, Miss Laura. Miss Laura pulls up in the drive in her SUV that's "just like the Mommy truck" as Reiss calls it. She unloads her bags of toys and puzzles and learning activities and comes in to have Milla immediately pop a squat in her lap. They click so well together that it only serves as a reminder of how lucky we are to have chosen someone who does such a great job. I hear from other mothers how they went through ____ (fill in the blank) therapists before finding the right fit for their own child(ren). Had I done a "Thankful for Three Things Thursday" post yesterday, this would have been something worth mentioning.

Reiss is also doing a therapy of sorts in a group setting. A friend who has two sons with ASD has a therapist come into her home to do ABA therapy with her youngest son who is a few months older than Reiss. The therapist comes one day per week for one-on-one therapy and then another day for therapy with other children present. We go on the day when the therapist is there to perform group therapy. We only started going this week but I am very optimistic and looking forward to seeing the benefits Reiss will reap from this type of setup. Not only do I get adult conversation and a mommy break, but the therapy is free of charge for us since it is my friend who is being charged. (In my defense, I did offer several times to compensate her for some of their charges but she refused.)

Tomorrow we have a wedding to attend at 9:30 a.m. No, that is not a typo and yes, you read right. Nine-thirty. In the morning. On a Saturday. Seriously, who gets married at that time? Need I say more? Probably not. But I will.

This is my nephew on my husband's side of the family who is getting married. I made a comment about the time of the wedding to my husband, who then made a comment to his mother, who then made a comment to my brother-in-law (her son), who said that the time of the wedding is because the bride's mother was making all the wedding arrangements and in order for them to get the "lower rate" on the wedding and reception hall, they had to make the time of the arrangement in the morning.

Ooooookaaayyyy.....Now anyone who knows anything about me knows I am all about saving money and stretching a dollar so tight it will flip you in the head when you let go of it, but come on, is it really necessary to be such a tightwad when doing so comes at the inconvenience of so many others involved? Really, how much of a savings could there possibly be? And I know we can't be the only people who think this is an absolutely ridiculous time for a wedding so again, I ask....SERIOUSLY, who - in their right mind - gets married at that time?

Guess we won't be having "Pancake Saturday" (for the first time in nearly four years!) tomorrow morning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment