Wednesday, February 25, 2009

To the Mommy on "The Monroe 6"

I think your name is Holly....but I'm not really certain. I noticed you made a comment and asked a question in response to the comment I made on your blog. I wanted to answer it but couldn't because you've changed your settings to not allow any comments at all. Although I don't think it was, I hope my comment was not what prompted this action. I'm pretty confident that it was not - otherwise, I don't think you would have allowed my comment. If it was, I do apologize.

Anyway, if you are reading this, I will answer your question about the relationship between toe-walking and autism. Without going into major detail, toe-walking in autistic children is thought to be caused by neurological developmental delays and/or neurological injuries. It is not present in all children with autism. For those who do exhibit this behavior, it may come and go or come and not last for very long. This has been the case with our son. He did some toe-walking around the age of 2.5YO until a little after turning three years old. Since then, I do not recall seeing it.

If anyone reading or following my blog have any questions regarding my son's autism or autism in general, I am happy to help if I can. Do not post questions in my comments section because - although I do read the comments - I may somehow miss a question. Instead, please email me at pnewlin@prodigy.net and put "Blog Question" in the subject line.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment