Friday, November 12, 2010

Today Was EGG YACK Day

Do you ever start planning out your day and then realize there is no way you are going to remember everything you need to do, much less actually do it all? That describes me to a T (or is it tee?), so I am all about lists.

I have my calendar and I write lists of things on each of the days. I have my iPhone and I make lists on my list app. I have a small spiral notebook on the kitchen counter in which I write things that need to be done as I think of them. I have my grocery list. And then there is the health food store list, for things I cannot get at the regular grocery. Perhaps I should consider making a list of all my lists.


This morning, while walking on the treadmill, thoughts of "I need to ____ today" kept popping into my head. As I kept adding things, one by one, I just knew many of them would escape my memory before I even set foot back onto the carpet and could make my way to a piece of paper to actually write them all down. At that point, I began to make a word from the first letters of the keywords of the things I needed to do. There is a name for this practice, but alas, the name for it escapes me. Imagine that.

What I finally ended up with was that today was EGG YACK day. I can't make this stuff up - it really was EGG YACK day because here is what made up my to-do list for the day:

E - Call my gynie, whose last name begins with "E."
G - Place our Green Bean Delivery order for next week's delivery. This is our organic produce home-delivery service.
G - Take some items out to the garbage that I had forgotten to put in the cans before James took them out this morning.

Y - Call the YMCA regarding one of the programs we are interested in signing up Reiss for very soon.
A - Call Amy, who is the assistant to the woman who is in charge of our ABA programs.
C - Email my friend, Chris, about a toy I told her weeks ago she could have and that I have yet to give to her.
K - Check the Flylady website to see what today's Kelly's Mission was so that I could do it, you know, in all my spare time. To my pleasant surprise, I had miraculously already done today's mission just before getting on the treadmill. Yay me! I didn't let myself off the hook that easily though, and decided to see what yesterday's mission was, as I had not done so yesterday.

So there you have it. Today was EGG YACK day and eleven hours later, I still need to do K. Technically, just yesterday's K.

No comments:

Post a Comment